Kundrat Learning Center
Welcome to the Kundrat Learning Center
The Kundrat Learning Center (KLC) is a great addition for the Arizona Woodturners Association thanks to the generosity of Diane Kundrat (in memory of Mickey Kundrat).
All the paperwork has been signed and we are officially in the KLC. Brian Lensink, AWA President and Diane Kundrat are pictured below signing the rental agreement.
Dale Gillaspy performed the May AWA demo from the KLC. Dave Madden has had three trainings with the Women In Turning (WIT) group. Over the past few months volunteers moved three lathes, wire shelves and other goodies as well as adding lighting, plugins and plug covers in the facility. We are definitely “Open For Business”.
Two additional lathes, a small bandsaw and four surge protectors, LED light fixtures, hand tools and a lock box have been donated to the KLC (thanks to John Brower, Bruce Russen and Brian Lensink). AWA members are encouraged to donate any items that they may not be using. Just a reminder - - - the club is a 501.c.3 and your donation is tax deductible, please consult your tax advisor. Plus, your donation would be going to a great cause.
If you are interested in teaching some aspect of woodturning or are interested in being on the KLC committee or becoming a monitor at the KLC please contact one of the AWA Board members or email KLC.
Check out the calendar for current classes scheduled. Calendar items in red are at the KLC.
KLC Safety Monitor - Each workshop/class/mentoring needs a KLC Safety Monitor present. If you would like to be a teacher and your own Monitor -- signup for a Monitor Checkout Session. More information below.
Trained Safety Monitor List (so far): Dale Guilford, Richard January, Brian Lensink, Dave Madden, Brian Mason
Monitor contact list available in the Member's Only section of the AWA website.
AWA Calendar shows classes available.
Want to schedule a class? Form Link.
Arizona Woodturners Scheduling Procedure for KLC (8-1-21)
Process steps for members who would like to teach a class or mentor someone at KLC
- Review AWA website calendar for possible available dates and times.
- Choose approved monitor.
- Fill out application form on website (Google App) and submit for approval.
- Scheduler reviews application. If complete, confirms facility availability and approves application. The scheduler may have to offer alternate dates and times to the requester depending on calendar conflicts.
- The scheduler then sends email approval to requester and KLC access codes to monitor.
- The scheduled activity is then added to the website calendar.
All you need to do to become a Monitor is:
- Be an active member of Arizona Woodturners Association.
- Be an experienced woodturner.
- Have a cell phone which you can take to the Learning Center.
- Be willing to have your contact information listed on the Member's Only password protected AWA website.
- Have read the KLC Usage and Safety Rules
- Request a member of the KLC Committee to conduct a walkthrough of the Learning Center.
- Complete a KLC Release of Liability
- Complete the Monitor Checklist.
Check the calendar for an upcoming checkout session.
Questions or wish to become a Monitor? Email today!
KLC Committee Members: Brian Mason (Chair), Richard January, John Brower