News in and about woodworking:
Be sure to check out our newsletters for great information.
AAW 2021 Symposium is scheduled for July 15-18, 2021 Virtual
The Arizona Woodturners Association belongs to The American Association of Woodturners. The AAW has a wealth of information on their website including latest news, techniques, events and ideas for wood-turners!
- Introductory Membership – check out their membership
- AAW magazine – six times annually – is a wealth of information
Arizona Woodturners Association (AWA) member news…
Monthly newsletter about wood-turning and events going on in your club.
2019 Recognition Award from American Association of Woodturners
2nd place local chapter website is presented to Arizona Woodturners Association!
AWA Club Members in the news …
From time to time some of our Club members “make the news” in a good way. When this happens, we like to honor them by posting that news. Let us know if you know of an article we should post.
- J. Paul Fennell and his outstanding woodturnings was the feature article (and front-cover page) in the February 2015 issue of American Woodturner, the Journal of the American Association of Woodturners. You can read this excellent article, titled “The Creative Life of J. Paul Fennell” by clicking the picture below↓.
- Article and image reprinted by special permission of the American Association of Woodturners.
- Tom Peter, better known as the “Minnesota Tree Guy” was featured on TV station WCCO in Thanksgiving Day, 2010 for his creation of a “tree-memories” bowl. You can watch the video on his website: www.RespectfulTransitions.com. He also was a featured exhibitor at “Folk in General,” and his exhibit flyer is shown below↓.
- Tom was also featured December 19, 2017 in Woodworker’s Journalin an article titled,
Tom Peter: Arborist Woodturner Creates Pieces Rich with Emotional Meaning. Be sure and read it too.
- Jason Clark, past President of Arizona Woodturners Association, and now living in Chicago, is a lifetime member of our Club. His woodturning skills are exceeded only by his skill as a demonstrator. While living in Arizona he was featured in at least two newspaper articles, as follows:
Page 16 of same article↓
- Mike Luccino, past President of Arizona Woodturners Association, is a lifetime member of our Club and a very accomplished turner. He is also featured in the last article listed above. If you missed it, be sure and review that article.