Membership in the Arizona Woodturners Association is open to anyone desiring to attend our monthly demonstrations and activities and to and participate, learn, and share ideas about woodturning with other members. Members are encouraged to also become members of the American Association of Woodturners and enjoy their benefits as well.
Member benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly meetings with live demonstrations, instant gallery, wood raffle, and president’s challenge gallery. Visitors and guests are welcome to attend one meeting for free, but should join the club if they return for another.
- The majority of the club dues cover the costs of our demonstrations, equipment costs, prize money, and other club costs. The remainder funds club expenses and our annual holiday party and are used to educate the public about the art and craft of woodturning.
- Sometimes a special demo will cost extra, members are given discounted entry to these special demonstrations.
- Free use of the club’s extensive lending library of woodturning books, videos and magazines. If you view only two videos per year, your savings over the purchase price will more than cover the cost of your membership fee. We have more books, magazines, and videos on woodturning than most public libraries!
- Some meetings are video taped, so you can always catch up on what you missed if you can’t make a meeting.
- Periodic newsletters and website with club information. Most members get the most up to date club info from our web site, additionally we also email a monthly newsletter to those members that provide an email address. The web site also has many great features, including online pictures of woodturnings from the instant gallery and several woodturning related videos.
- Non-commercial buying and selling of your personal equipment through the AWA Google Group email list. With a single email address you can reach every member who subscribes to this optional email benefit. The AWA Google Group will also be used by Club Officers to keep you better informed of upcoming events related to woodturning and woodworking.
- Network with other wood turners. You’ll learn more from regularly brushing elbows with other turners than by any other means! There are hundreds of years of woodturning experience that you can take advantage of by talking with our members. A mentorship program is offered.
- Members of the Arizona Woodturners Association and the American Association of Woodturners are covered under the AAW Liability Insurance for club related activities.
- *Discounts at these local woodworking stores (show your membership card for discount):
*Note: Participating stores and discounts may change without notice, subject to store rules.
|NEW Membership||Before June 30||July 1 - 31||August 1 - 31||After August 31|
*Family memberships include immediate family members residing at the same street address.
** Student memberships are valid for individual members under the age of 21 with a valid student ID.
|RenewalMembership||Full year only|
Are You Ready to Join or to Renew Your Membership? See options below…
You can join or renew your membership right here online, or you can print out your membership form and bring it to the next Club meeting and join there. The choice is yours, but we encourage you use our online registration, it reduces our Treasurer’s manual data entry.
- New or renewing members may complete their membership registration online.
- Once you submit your payment, you will receive within 48 hours a “username/password” to our “members only” page
- We use PayPal as our only online payment method. (You not need a PayPal account to use PayPal’s free (to you) credit-card service.)
- Go to Online Registration
Membership Forms for In-Person or Mail-In Registrations
For more information, please contact us – we are glad to help!