All meetings start at 12:00 pm and end by 3:30pm unless otherwise posted. Club meetings are on the 3rd Saturday of the month – unless noted on meeting calendar.
Meetings typically start with the Club’s business, followed by the featured demonstration, and then with raffle and prize drawings. Board meetings are open to all club members and are held every other month after the regular meeting.
What happens at meetings?
- Live demonstrations
- Instant Gallery (come view fellow woodworkers’ woodturning display)
- 50/50 raffle (half the money goes to ticket winner – other half goes in the Shorty Fund)
- Wood Raffle – lots of wood blanks raffled off monthly!
- President’s Challenge Gallery – each month there is a challenge, members bring in pieces for others to view for the challenge
- Visitors and guests are welcome to attend one meeting free
- Learn about other opportunities in the area
- Short member meeting – inform members of activities and happenings
Hollowing with a D-Way hollowing tool.
Project made from a limb (reaction wood).
All Day Demo --
J. Paul Fennell
Concept Design, and Indexing
Mike Mahoney - this was an excellent live video demo - interactive with Mike from his shop in California (internet magic).
Green Wood turned and allowed to warp
Bowl turning demo, wig stand.
Bottle stoppers and pizza cutters
Form follows function. Rose engine embellishment
Pepper, Salt and Spice Mills
Mini-symposium - buy/sell trade tables
Surface preparation and finishing
Project turned on a mandrel (not limited to pens)
Turning a square bowl
Beads of Courage Lidded Boxes
Kelly Dunn -
Lidded calabash, Norfolk Island Pine bowl, Pewas (butterfly patch) - Also 3 days of individual classes (November 18,19, and 20th)
None. Turn in your wig stands
Potluck luncheon -
Please check back here before every meeting to see if any last minute changes have been made to the meeting location and time.