Home made Captive hollowing system
Mini-symposium - buy/sell trade tables
Shop made jigs
Open Segmented Vessel
Project using crotch wood
Project not using wood
Wheels of Delicacy
Beads of Courage Lidded Boxes
Ken Northern -
9am-noon - Pat Carroll
9am - Erosion
NO President's challenge
Please check back here before every meeting to see if any last minute changes have been made to the meeting location and time
What happens at meetings?
- Live demonstrations
- Instant Gallery (come view fellow woodworkers’ woodturning display)
- Members bring a woodturning vessel in to display for fun
- Pictures are taken and put on the website photo gallery
- 50/50 raffle (half the money goes to ticket winner – other half goes in the Shorty Fund)
- Shorty fund money goes in to woodturning education in the high schools
- Wood Raffle – lots of wood blanks raffled off monthly!
- After the $$ 50/50 raffle – donated wood is raffled off
- President’s Challenge Gallery –
- most meetings have a “challenge” – listed in the meeting or newsletter
- members bring in pieces for others to view for the challenge
- Visitors and guests are welcome to attend one meeting free
- Learn about other opportunities in the area
- Short member meeting – inform members of activities and happenings
All meetings start at 12:00 pm and end by 3:30pm unless otherwise posted. Club meetings are on the 3rd Saturday of the month –
unless noted on meeting calendar. Meetings are open to the public – visitors are welcome to attend one meeting free before joining. More info about joining here.
Meetings typically start with the Club’s business, followed by the featured demonstration, and then with raffle and prize drawings. Board meetings are open to all club members and are held every other month after the regular meeting.
Thank you to guest wood-turners who take the time to comment on the Instant Gallery. At several meetings J Paul Fennell used his expertise to talk about different projects.