Announcements for Club Members
“How to turn a bowl in the original block of wood.”
Thank you, Janet Bolyard, for your “woodcarving for the woodturner” demonstration in May.
- Remember to get your picture taken for the photo directory. Can’t remember someone’s last name or their name at all? The Members Only section includes a photo directory.
- Get your picture taken at an upcoming meeting – so you can be included!
- June 15 – Ed Jones Demonstration – Triangle
- July 11-14 – AAW Symposium in Raleigh, NC
- July 20 – Bill Kram
- August 17 – Mini Symposium/Swap Meet
- September 5-7, Women in Turning Exchange, Gatlinburg, TN
- September 21 – Remote Demo
- October 4- 27 – AZ State Fair Demonstrating
- October 19 – Ed Pabst – Threading
- November 16 – Jason Clark – all day demo & Hands-on classes to follow
- December 14 – Holiday Party
- Check out the 2019 President Challenges on the Meetings page
- To earn money for the club use the Fry’s Community Rewards Program: visit the Frys website at: https://www.frysfood.com/account/communityrewards. Once logged into your Fry’s account, go to community rewards, click “all”, search for Arizona Woodtuners Association either by name or VD448 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
- Sign up for AMAZON SMILE – Amazon gives a percentage to the club when you sign up on Amazon Smile and designate the Arizona Woodturners Association in your account.
- Women in Turning – Women in Turning (WIT) is the newest committee of the AAW, bringing together women worldwide who share a passion for woodturning. WIT is dedicated to encouraging and assisting women in their pursuit of turning, to sharing ideas and processes to further members’ skills and creativity, and to increasing participation of women in the field of woodturning. Check out their events – including their September exchange in Gatlinburg, TN.
- The American Association of Woodturners – 33rd Annual International Symposium – Raleigh, North Carolina – July 11-14, 2019