Special Announcements for Club Members
Oct 13th! Doug Forsha – Demo: Turning a square bowl
September 15th – Thank you to Rhonda Forsha (& Doug) who presented on Surface Preparation and Finishing. Rhonda talked about finishes, gloves, respirators, staining – she will be back next month with Doug – if anyone has questions let her know. Their website is: www.delamadera.com
- November 17 – Kelly Dunn from Hawaii. Click for more information! Lidded calabash, Norfolk Island Pine bowl, Pewas (butterfly patch) – Also 3 days of individual classes (November 18,19, and 20th). AWA MEMBERS: check out the video in the Members Only section. Signup starts for Members Only on September 1st. Open to the public October 1st.
- To Use the Fry’s Community Rewards Program: visit the Frys website at: https://www.frysfood.com/account/communityrewards. Once logged into your Fry’s account, go to community rewards, click “all”, search for Arizona Woodtuners Association either by name or VD448 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
- The Phoenix Airport Museum is requesting entries for an upcoming exhibition surrounding the theme of water. The opportunity is open to Arizona artists to have their work on display at one of the countries busiest airports between January 26, 2019 – July 28, 2019. The museum is interested in unique interpretations of water, from conceptual meaning to using water as an element in the art making process. Submissions are due by mail on October 19, 2018 by 5pm. Here are the details.Phoenix Airport Museum
Phoenix Airport Museum
2485 East Buckeye Road
Phoenix AZ 85034
- It’s Elemental 2018 – Call for Entries This is a call for entries from the Flagstaff Arts Council for the Its Elemental 2018 art exhibition.
- Participating artists must currently reside in the state of Arizona. The deadline to apply for It’s Elemental 2018 is September 17, 2018. Submitted pieces can be functional or nonfunctional. This is a juried exhibition INFO: https://flagartscouncil.org/2018/06/its-elemental-2018-call-for-entries/
- registration is now open for 6th Segmented Symposium: