Virtual Meeting Planned for AWA Meeting
In this very “new to us” world, we are still in the planning stages. But we can tell you “how” we will be doing it. At this time Dale Gillaspy/Embellishments is scheduled to demonstrate.
- April 18th
- Noon to 3pm ?
- Short meeting/explanation
- Show N Tell/Instant Gallery
- Demonstration – Embellishments
- Raffle – 5 $20 Gift Certificates from AZ Carbide
How will we do this? This meeting will be for AWA members only. You may need to sign-up in advance or we may send you a link to join – that part hasn’t been decided.
There is a difference in cost for us purchasing “Zoom” for 100 people or more. Are you interested in participating in the virtual meeting? We need a headcount.
AWA Member: Enter your name here if you want to participate. Click on the next available line to enter your name. Enter your name, click tab or enter after each entry. It saves automatically. Do not delete other names/lines.
We will use “ZOOM” meeting software.
More information in the newsletter
As a participant in the meeting, if you have a camera/webcam on your computer/tablet/phone, you can show us Instant Gallery and President Challenge items during the meeting.
President Challenges 2020
January: Something that makes noise.
February: All-Day Demo.
March: Mini Symposium.
April: Shop Made Jigs.
May: Item used in the kitchen.
June: Project using crotch wood.
July: Project not using wood.
August: Mini Symposium.
October: Beads of Courage Bowls.
December: Christmas Party.
What is coming in 2020?
- March 11th deadline – Pinal County Exhibition online deadline
- March 18-22 – Pinal County Fair AWA Demos
- March 20-21 – Porter Barn Wood Hand Tool Event Festival
- March 21 – Mini-symposium/swap meet
- April 15-19 – Maricopa County Fair AWA Demo
- April 18 – Dale Gillapsy – Embellisments
- May 16 – Brian Lensink - Open Segmented Vessel
- June 4-7 AAW'S 34th Annual International Symposium
- Louisville, KY
- June 20 – Jeff Kustuch – Irridescent bowls
- July 18 – Matt Clarke – Square Bowl
- Aug 15 – Mini Symposium/Swap Meet
Photo Directory - check out those that are online!
- Remember to get your picture taken for the photo directory. Can't remember someone's last name or their name at all? The Members Only section includes a photo directory.
- Get your picture taken at an upcoming meeting - so you can be included!
- To earn money for the club use the Fry's Community Rewards Program: visit the Frys website at: https://www.frysfood.com/account/communityrewards. Once logged into your Fry's account, go to community rewards, click "all", search for Arizona Woodtuners Association either by name or VD448 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
- Sign up for AMAZON SMILE - Amazon gives a percentage to the club when you sign up on Amazon Smile and designate the Arizona Woodturners Association in your account.
- The American Association of Woodturners- check out their page.